Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Claire + Darrah = Best Friends 4 Ever

Tuesday November 11, 2008 (4 weeks, 2 days)

So here is where things get exciting folks... after my doctor appointment I went to get my hair cut by my stylist and best friend Darrah. I have known Darrah since Kindergarten (see picture for proof and a good laugh).

The minute I walked through the door of her salon, Darrah lit up with excitement and proceeded to tell me that I was in "big trouble" because she had been trying to get a hold of both Chad and me all weekend.

Ready for this?... Darrah is also pregnant... 4 weeks and some change. I had not planned on spilling the beans of my own pregnancy this early, but I couldn't help myself. I had to tell her "me too!".

We had a great time discussing symptoms and predicting if we will have boys, girls, or one of each. I couldn't have asked for more than to be going through this journey with my oldest and dearest friend.

Note: Since this post was written, my friend Darrah suffered an early miscarriage. Her outlook is positive and she is ready to try again. Our thoughts and prayers are with her as she continues her journey to motherhood.

No comments: