Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Balance is the First to Go

Wednesday November 12, 2008 (4 weeks, 3 days)

Chad and I have been practicing yoga 2 days a week for a while now, and I have to say we are pretty good at it. Chad obviously is better at the strength poses, and I rock the balance and flexibility... until tonight.

My flexibility was still there, but I could not balance on any of the one legged poses to save my life! I felt like a total amateur, and I think even the instructor was surprised - "Now remember, it's normal for your balance to differ from day to day" she always says.

Well the good thing is that I made it through the class without any major spills, but I am pretty sure lack of coordination will be a common theme during my pregnancy. In the last 4 weeks I have already (1) aquired a baseball sized bruise on my left hip from an unknown cause (2) sliced my left thumb while shaving my legs and (3) spilled half a glass of juice on the carpet, almost losing the entire contents of my salad bowl as well.

So please pray for the restoration of my balance, or at least watch out if you see me coming towards you with my hands full!

No comments: