Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Doctor Visit - Week 10

Wednesday, December 23, 2008 (10 weeks, 3 days)

Today we went back to the doctor to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time. Unfortunately, I was creating a lot of static on the doppler (probably due to the cocoa butter I used that morning), so we weren't able to hear the hearbeat.

But... we were able to do an ultrasound instead. We saw the heart beating (180 bpm), and the baby actually kind of looks like a baby now. We were able to point out the head, eyes, nose, legs, etc.

The doctor said everything looked good including the fact that I apparently have a large sac (insert jokes here). The only downside is that the pain I have been feeling in my jaw and neck this week ended up being an ear infection, so I will be on antibiotics for the next 10 days. (Happy Birthday to me!)

No comments: